Decidious mixed forest
Description & History
In May 2012 a small meteorological station was set up in the village Thann. The station is equipped with a Vaisala Weather Transmitter WXT52, this is a compact and lightweight multi-sensor instrument that measures the most essential weather parameters: air temperature and relative humidity, barometric pressure, wind speed and direction, precipitation (rain, its intensity - and even hail). All data are logged and sent to Jena via modem.
It serves as additional information related to soil water measurements in a forest nearby, were soil moisture and soil temperature sensors are located. The experiments there are carried out by the group of G. Gleixner.
Variables & Instruments
- Air temperature and relative humidity, barometric pressure, wind speed and direction, precipitation - Weather Transmitter WXT, Vaisala
- Photosynthetic active radiation - PAR sensor SKP 215/S, UP GmbH
- Meteorological data - datalogger CR10X, Campbell Scientific
- Soil temperature in 2 profiles having 7 depths - soil temperature sensors PT100, home-made
- Soil moisture in 4 depths - soil moisture probes ML-2x, Delta-T
- Soil water - Gleixner group
- Soil conditions data - datalogger CR10X, Campbell Scientific