- Axel Kleidon, Leader of the biospheric theory and modelling group.
- Maik Renner, DFG-CAOS research unit, project "Thermodynamics and soil-vegetation-atmosphere transfer processes".
- Sonja Germer, Windenergy limits in Germany.
- Jakob Fischer, affiliated IMPRS PhD student in the group of Peter Dittrich, working on chemical disequilibrium in the atmosphere.
- Annu Panwar, working on land-atmosphere interactions and evapotranspiration.
Master Students and Interns:
- Luigi Conte, working on thermodynamics and surface energy balance partitioning in Amazonia.
- Alexander Glaser, working on wind energy limits in Thuringia.
- Jordy van der Pol, working on thermodynamics and root water uptake.
- Chirag Dhara, former PhD student.
- Hisashi Ozawa, professor, sabbatical visitor from Hiroshima University, Japan.
- Lee Miller, former PhD student and postdoc, now at Harvard University, USA.
- Christopher Franz, former bachelor student (FSU).
- Aljosa Slamersak, Master student intern, Univ. Wageningen.
- Alessio Leins, former bachelor student (FSU).
- Sarah Jukna, former bachelor student (FSU).
- Philipp Porada, former PhD student, now working with Chr. Beer, Univ. Stockholm, Sweden.
- Simon Bowring, Master student intern, Univ. Wageningen.
- Kristin Bohn, former PhD student, now at Friedrich Schiller University, Jena.
- Corina Buendia, former PhD student, now in Columbia.
- Susanne Arens, former PhD student, now in Denmark.
- Fabian Gans, former PhD student, now at the department of biogeochemical integration, MPI for Biogeochemistry.
- Ryan Pavlick, former PhD student and Postdoc, now at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
- Nathaniel Virgo, former Postdoc, now in Japan.
- Eugenio Simoncini, former Postdoc, now at the Osservatorio Astrofisico di Arretri, Firenze, Italy.
- Christian Oehler, former Masters student.
- Darren Drewry, former NSF International Research Fellow, now at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory..
- James Dyke, former Postdoc, now at the University of Southhampton.
- Stan Schymanski, former Postdoc, now at ETH Zurich.
- Björn Reu, former PhD student working on the JeDi model, now at the Industrial University of Santander, Columbia.
- Nate Brunsell, former visiting Humboldt Research Fellow during a sabbatical year from the University of Kansas.
- Andreas Ostrowski, former programmer.
- Xiangke Xu, former visiting PhD student from CAS, Beijing, China.
- Philipp Kynast, former hiwi student.
- Pablo Paiewonsky, former MA student (UMD); now in the PhD program in Atmospheric Science at State University of New York at Albany.
- Jatin Narula, former intern from IIT-Madras, India.
- Sameer Patwardhan, former intern from IIT-Bombay, India.
- Charles Low, former undergraduate student (UMD).
- Jamison Howard, former undergraduate student (UMD).