Field Experiments & Instrumentation
Phone: +49 (0)3641 57 - 6555
Fax: +49 (0)3641 57 - 7553
Supporting the realization and maintenance of experimental and measuring field sites
Our service group is dedicated to the scientific-technical planning of experimental projects and their realization into action at field sites, in close cooperation with our scientific departments and research groups.
Our tasks include
- Selecting and purchasing of sensors, instruments and equipment
- Conception, arrangement, assembly and operation of measurement systems (in laboratory, in aircrafts, at field sites), extended field installations and power supply systems
- Preparation, organisation and accomplishment of measurement campaigns and expeditions
- Preparation and supervision of experiments in the institute’s greenhouse
- Maintenance, calibration and repair of sensors, instruments, equipment and site installations
- Development of software for acquisition, processing, analysis and quality check of measured data
- Archiving, backup and supply of data from continuous measurements or campaigns
Major projects include
- Planning, assembling and improvement of eddy-covariance stations and other continuous measurement sites in Germany (Hainich, Gebesee, Leinefelde, Mehrstedt, Wetzstein, Jena), Russia (Federovskoje, Zotino) and Brazil (Tanguro)
- Planning, assembling and operation of field experiments in Germany (Jena, Sulza), Brazil (Manaus), Spain (Teneriffa, La Palma) and Russia (Jenissei area, Cherskii).