IMPRS workshop 'Efficiency Skills for Scientists: Get the Same Done in Less Time'
- Beginn: 16.10.2024
- Ende: 17.10.2024
1. Time & place
October 16-17, 2024
Place: B0.002, MPI-BGC
2. The instructor
Dr. Carsten Rohr
3. DescriptionUsually, scientists don’t do their research for the money but because they are passionately curious and feel the drive to explore. The clutter of daily work life can often sabotage this drive: doing paperwork, waiting for equipment/time slots/co-workers, or getting assignments unrelated to your project.
Do you know these situations? Do you never have enough time for the tasks you have to do? This workshop assumes that you like what you do in research. Therefore, this workshop aims to identify ways and strategies that allow you to spend most of your time doing what you like – and reduce the time you spend on doing ‘the rest.’
In the course of the workshop, we will focus on
- Prioritizing at work
- Optimizing time-consuming processes
- Delegating properly to save time
- Skillful elimination of tasks
- Efficient communication
- Ai tools and use cases in research
Your personal toolkit
This “work”shop provides a toolset to apply in your daily work life. The methods and approaches presented are only those that also the trainer uses. The tools are most useful for people working in empirical research. Not every tool will fit your individual situation, but with multiple tools, the chances are good that some of them will work for you. Your work situation will only change if the topics this training covers are applied in real life. Therefore, you will be asked to work on your situation and identify possibilities for action throughout the training.
Registration opens on September 25th.