IMPRS workshop 'Technical tools and support at MPI-BGC and beyond'
Category: Transferable skills
Credit points: 0.2
Fabian Gans, Jan Engel, Sujan Koirala, Thomas Wutzler, Ulrich Weber
This course will introduce the participants to the technical tools and support system at the MPI for Biogeochemistry, as well as those provided by the Max Planck Society through digital library and the GWDG. As this is an introductory course, it will be mostly relevant for the newcomers at the institute.
There is no necessary pre-requisite but having a laptop (with a Terminal like program, and a web browser) will be useful.
- Data structure: Ulrich Weber
- BGC cluster basics: Jan Engel
- Discourse: Sujan Koirala, Jan Engel or Fabian Gans
- BGC cluster adv. & details on development nodes: Fabian Gans
- External services (MPDL and GWDG): Sujan Koirala
- gitlab & git basics: Thomas Wutzler
Find the feedback of the participants here. Please note, that statistics and statements should not be taken as an exhaustive or exclusive list.