FAQ Germany

1. Do I need a visa?

You might need a visa to attend our selection symposium and to join us for your PhD project. On the website of the Federal Foreign Office you can find out if you need a visa to enter Germany. 

If you require a visa for the selection symposium we will gladly issue an invitation letter. You will need this letter when you apply for a visa at the German Embassy in your country of residence.

If you have been accepted as a future PhD researcher for a PhD project within the IMPRS-gBGC we will provide an invitation letter, a hosting agreement and additional documents if needed. Non EU-citizens usually receive a visa for 3 month to enter Germany. Upon your arrival in Germany we will help you with the formalities necessary to obtain a residence permit from the local authorities.

More information about “Entry regulations for Germany

2. What is living in Germany like?

The following webpages provide useful information and links on living and working in Germany and in Jena:

Go to Editor View