IMPRS-gBGC workshop 'Technical tools and support at MPI-BGC and beyond'
1. Time & place
September 27 and 28, 2021 at 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Lecture hall at the MPI for Biogeochemistry, Jena
Fabian Gans, Jan Engel, Sujan Koirala, Thomas Wutzler, Ulrich Weber
This two-day course will introduce the participants to the technical tools and support system within the MPI for Biogeochemistry, as well as those provided by the Max Planck Society through digital library (MPDL) and the GWDG. As this is an introductory course, it will be mostly relevant for the newcomers at the institute.
September 27, 2021
- Data structure: Ulrich Weber
- BGC cluster basics: Jan Engel
- gitlab & git basics: Thomas Wutzler
September 28, 2021
- External services (MPDL and GWDG): Sujan Koirala
- Discourse: Sujan Koirala, Jan Engel or Fabian Gans
October 7, 2021
- BGC cluster adv. & details on development nodes: Fabian Gans
It will be helpful to sign up for Discourse because the communication platform summarizes the information.