How to find us
Traveling to Jena
Coming by train
- Coming from Halle/Leipzig (frequent changes on the route from Berlin) and the regional train from Nuremberg, the destination station is usually Jena-Paradies station. From there to the centre (bus stops for the bus lines to the Beutenberg Campus, see below) it is only about a 5-minute walk.
- Coming from Erfurt (transfer point for most ICE connections from Munich and Frankfurt, in some cases also Berlin), you reach Jena West station. The walk to the centre is just under 10 minutes.
- Coming from the north or south: From the A9 (Berlin-Munich), change to the A4 towards Erfurt and Frankfurt/Main at the Hermsdorfer Kreuz intersection until you reach Jena.
- Coming from the east or west, follow the A4 (Frankfurt/Main/Dresden) until you reach Jena. For our locations, exit Jena-Göschwitz is the more convenient one.
- For accommodation in the city centre, take the Jena-Lobeda exit.
In Jena to Beutenberg Campus
- Coming from the city centre, you can take bus line no. 10, 11, 12 or 13 in the direction of Damaschkeweg, Beutenberg Campus or Göschwitz to the Beutenberg Campus stop.
- Coming from the Paradiesbahnhof or an accommodation in the city centre, you can take the bus from the Teichgraben stop (stop monitor city centre), coming from the Jena West train station from the Westbahnhof stop (stop monitor Westbahnhofstraße).
- At the Beutenberg Campus stop, walk uphill along Hans-Knöll-Straße, turn left in front of the MPI for Chemical Ecology and continue to the MPI for Biogeochemistry.
- The Institute has guest parking spaces. You can get the key for the poller and a guest parking permit at the reception. For this purpose, you can stop briefly in one of the two parking spaces in front of the main entrance.
In Jena: to get to IT Paradies or the ICOS Lab
Walking or by tram
- Coming from the city centre or the Paradiesbahnhof, take tram line 2 towards Winzerla and get off at the Felsenkeller stop.
- Alternatively, you can walk along Kahlaische Straße or parallel to it in Paradiespark (from Paradiesbahnhof approx. 10 minutes).
- The ICOS laboratory is located directly at the Felsenkeller stop.
- To get to the IT-Paradies, walk uphill along the street An der Brauerei, turn left behind the Felsenkeller Technology Park into Felsenkellerstraße, and then left again into Mälzerstraße.
- Coming from the Jena Göschwitz autobahn exit, first follow Rudolstädter Straße, then Kahlaische Straße into town until you reach the Felsenkeller Technology Park on the left.
- To get to IT-Paradies, turn left into An der Brauerei and then left again into Mälzerstraße.
- The ICOS laboratory has several designated parking spaces.
- There are a few guest parking spaces available at IT Paradies for short-term parking.