As a scientific coordinator, I support the overall coordination and management of the ITMS project to achieve smooth execution of the project: ensuring all defined deliverables and milestones are timely met, critical contributions and bottlenecks are identified, and the associated risks are mitigated. Within the ITMS, I am currently involved in various aspects of project management which include:
- Defining and tracking the project objectives (deliverables and milestones) to monitor achievements. This also includes the application of a traceability matrix, risk analysis, and alert system to account for delays and problems.
- Facilitating internal and external communication, and collaboration between project partners and the multidisciplinary team of scientists.
- Organizing data exchange through the management of an internal Metadata catalog
- Managing and maintaining the project’s communication, task management, and documentation platforms (Confluence, Jira, social media, website maintenance, etc).
- Organizing benchmarking system to evaluate progress in the development of the GHG monitoring system.
- Preparing and coordinating interim project reporting to stakeholders and the funding agency.
- Organizing project meetings.
- Support with PR activities within the project (outreach events, press releases, etc).
I have a sound background in Biogeosciences through my past studies and Ph.D. research experience in microbiology and Soil Biogeochemistry. Due to my interests in the sources and sinks of Earth’s atmospheric greenhouse gases (GHG), I continued at MPI-BGC at the Department of Biogeochemical Signals (BSI) as a Scientific coordinator for the BMBF-funded joint project: Integrated Greenhouse Gas Monitoring System for Germany (ITMS) under the sub-project module-‘M’ (modeling).Since Nov 2022: Scientific coordinator for the ITMS project at Department of Biogeochemical Signals (BSI), MPI-BGC.
- Since Nov 2022: Scientific coordinator for ITMS Project (Module-M) and support at ATM Group.
- Sept – Oct 2022: Technical assistant at the Department of Biogeochemical Processes (BGP), MPI-BGC, Jena.
- Oct – Dec 2020: 3-month research stay internship at Ecologic Institute, Berlin. Fact sheets on nature-based solutions to climate change (Land use management).
- 2017 – 2022: Doctoral studies (Microbiology) at Friedrich-Schiller University and the Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry, Jena. Dissertation title – The dark side of primary production in temperate forest soils.
- 2015 – 2016: Master studies in Environmental Biology (Cell Biology and Genetics) at the University of Lagos, Nigeria.
- 2007 – 2012: Bachelor studies in Microbiology at the University of Jos, Nigeria.