The main focus of my research is to investigate the use of machine learning and citizen science data in plant phenology monitoring.
- Ph.D candidate since 04.2021
- M.Sc. Geo-Ecology / Landscape Ecology at Bayreuth University, Germany. Master Thesis: "Contribution of endemism to dark diversity on an environmental heterogeneous and taxonomically diverse oceanic island"
- B.Sc. Biology / Botany at University of Tehran, Iran. Bachelor Thesis: "Propagate Chenopodiaceae Family with tissue culture"
Conferences and Workshops:
- "Deep learning approach for revolutionizing phenology research: leveraging opportunistic data for ecological insights". Poster at 52nd GfÖ Annual Meeting 2023, Leipzig, Germany.
- „Application of Machine Learning in Plant Sciences“. Poster at Zürich-Basel Plant Science Center Summer School 2022
- „Observing Phenology using Flora Incognita Observations“. Poster at iDiv annual conference 2022 (online)
- „Opportunistic vs. targeted observations: Can unsystematic records from an AI-based plant identification app contribute to phenology monitoring? „. SFE2, GfÖ, EEF joint meeting, International Conference on Ecological science 2022 „Ecology and Evolution: New perspectives and societal challenges“, Metz, France.
- Modelling Challenges for Mountain Ecosystem (MCME 2020) winter school, Hamburg, Germany.
- „Opportunistic vs. targeted observations: Can unsystematic records from an AI-based plant identification app contribute to phenology monitoring?“. PhenObs Seminar Series 2023 (online)
- Best poster award at 52nd GfÖ annual meeting 2023, Leipzig, Germany.
- Best poster award at iDiv annual conference 2022 (online).
- Student Travel Award for the International Biogeography Society's ECBC Amsterdam, 2020.
- Elected deputy of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer of the institute.
- Member of the International Society of Non-Binary Scientist (ISNBS)