Organizing and maintaining a functional infrastructure
The building services group is responsible for the overall technical maintenance of the institute, the branch offices and outdoor facilities. The tasks and responsibilities are manifold, and as all-rounders, the employees of the building services are often the first people to contact when help is needed.
The following list shows the portfolio of building services at our institute, without claiming to be complete.
- Monitoring and maintenance of electrical systems, repair and maintenance of electrical devices and assemblies, electrical testing of devices and systems
- Control, maintenance and optimization of the central building and operating technology (media supply, telephone system, video conference technology in lecture halls and seminar rooms, lighting and shading systems, locking systems)
- Technical support of institute events
- Maintenance of building services equipment such as compressed air generation, vacuum pumps, automatic door systems, elevators, etc.
- Planning, coordination and supervision of building maintenance and conversion measures
- Project-related planning, installation and supervision of air-conditioning and media systems for research experiments and measuring stations at the institute and at our research sites in Germany and abroad
- Safety-relevant inspections, e.g. of emergency showers, ladders and steps
- Maintenance of the institute's vehicle fleet (company cars, trailers, bicycles), courier and driving services
- Repairs of minor damages in the interior and exterior (public areas, guest apartments)
- Control of the entire outdoor facilities
- Fire protection
- On-call service