ITMS-M: First physical Meeting in Offenbach
- Date: Apr 21, 2023
- Time: 09:30 AM - 03:00 PM (Local Time Germany)
- Location: Deutscher Wetterdienst, Strahlenbergerstraße 13, 63067 Offenbach am Main
- Room: Omega-Haus, Haus D, Floor 5, Room E5.D.27
- Host: ITMS Coordination Group
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The integrated greenhouse gas monitoring system for Germany "Integriertes Treibhausgas-Monitoringsystem für Deutschland" (ITMS) kick-started in October 2022 that allows the verification of sources and sinks of the three most important long-lived greenhouse gases CO2, CH4 and N2O, utilizing independent measurements.
Within the Demonstration project phase, this BMBF-funded project is structured into five modules, ITMS-B, ITMS-B, ITMS-Q&S, ITMS-K, and ITMS-V. ITMS-M represents the central element of the ITMS and aims to build up a data assimilation system, using atmospheric & inversion models that link observations (augmented in ITMS-B), prior information from flux models and inventories (improved in ITMS-Q&S), and atmospheric transport models to provide information on GHG fluxes. The ITMS-M thus researches the basics of a modern system for GHG emission monitoring and prepares the long-term uptake and utilization of ITMS results into operational services.
This first ITMS-M physical Meeting has the following goals:
(1) That all members of ITMS-M module get to meet each other physically
(2) That all funded partners of the ITMS-M module give an overview of their planned work and can thus lay a common basis for further cooperation and exchange within the module.
The ITMS-M hereby looks forward to all its members to the physical Meeting in Offenbach.
Christoph Gerbig, Max-Planck-Institut für Biogeochemie, Jena, Germany
Andrea Kaiser-Weiss and Christian Plass-Dülmer, Deutscher Wetterdienst, Offenbach, Germany
Roland Ruhnke, Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT), Institut für Meteorologie und Klimaforschung
Sanam Vardag, Universität Heidelberg, Institut für Umweltphysik
Rachael Akinyede, Max-Planck-Institut für Biogeochemie, Jena, Germany
Do not hesitate to contact us for further questions.