PhD positions for research on global biogeochemical cycles in the Earth systemThe International Max Planck Research School for Global Biogeochemical Cycles is currently offering a number of PhD projects to outstanding students interested in research on biogeochemical cycles in the Earth system. The school provides excellent research possibilities for students to obtain a PhD degree in a 3-years graduate program.
• Greenhouse gas measurements from commercial airliners: exploiting a new data stream
• Thermodynamics and the land surface system
• Resilience of the interaction between plants and soil microorganisms
• The lacustrine communities in extreme environments - PhD subject 1: Effect of increasing temperature on the distribution and isotopic composition of their cell membrane lipids
• The lacustrine communities in extreme environments - PhD subject 2: Effect of increasing temperature on the microbial community structure in lake aggregates and in lake sediments
Application deadline is on February 06, 2013.