Equality and Family-conscious Personnel Policy
To challenge and promote talent: that is the strategic goal of all the efforts of the Max Planck Society to raise the professional profile of its employees.
The Max Planck Society
- backs equal opportunities for all and acts to implement all requirements aimed at establishing equality and to offer attractive framework conditions
- focuses continually on career advancement and pays special attention to its female scientists: they are still heavily under-represented at managerial levels, and their future prospects are less clear than those of their male colleagues
- strives to offer structured support to young scientists in order to help them achieve their individual career goals
- builds bridges to facilitate the reconciliation of family life, leisure and career and to bring about more women in managerial positions
- has made a voluntary commitment: In a period of five years (currently to 2017), it is aiming to increase the proportion of women in managerial positions on three different pay groups by five percentage points in each case
Find out more information about
- Funding programmes
- Mentoring networks
- Family service
- Pregnancy and maternity protection within the MPS and Germany
on the Central Gender Equality Website of the MPG and in our guide to career advancement with equal opportunities.
The Max Planck Institute for Biogeochemistry in Jena offers
- childcare places in collaboration with the Beutenberg Kita
- help with and support for dual science career couples, when possible
- opportunities for part-time work and teleworking
- local Equal Opportunities Officers as contacts for employees in all questions regarding career advancement, reconciliation of family life and work or sexual harassment at the workplace
More information on family affairs in Jena can be found here (in German).