MPI internal Open Access workshopTime: August 21, 2019, 1:00-4:00 p.m.
Location: Ernst Stahl Room (A1.011), MPI for Chemical Ecology
1:00-2:00 p.m.: Overview about Open Access services of the Max Planck Digital Library (Kai Geschuhn, Munich) and local library team
2:00-4:00 p.m.: Join us for coffee and a World Café, Open Access discussion
• Why should I publish open access?
• What happened with Elsevier – what about the Wiley DEAL?
• Are OA papers more highly-cited than their toll-access counterparts?
• What Creative Commons license shall I choose?
• How do I recognize a predatory journal? …
Open Access means free and unrestricted online access to scientific and scholarly information, unrestricted and cost-free access to scientific information on the Internet.