Field, greenhouse and mesocosm experiments.
The greenhouse of the institute includes 5 air-conditioned greenhouse chambers, an outdoor area with 2 larger experimental beds, and a preparation room. For other experiments, 2 foil greenhouses in Isserstedt can also be used.
- There are five greenhouse chambers available
- In 4 of the chambers there are 2 tables each for plants, sample material, etc.
- Chamber no. 5 is a narrower one, with only one table
- Chamber 1 , 2 and 3 are equipped with LED lighting
- Light, temperature and relative humidity can be adjusted in each chamber
- Automatic irrigation is possible
- Each chamber is equipped with CAN bus
The experimental beds
- To the institute belong 2 experimental beds, which are located directly in front of the greenhouse.
- One of the fields is filled with calcareous soil, the other one with acidic forest soil
- The beds are divided into different areas
- Four of the areas are equipped with measuring devices (soil moisture and soil temperature)
- The data from the greenhouse beds are transmitted to the weather page every 10 minutes and can be seen there in the lower right area.
The preparation room
- Wash basin with sand trap
- Sample processing stations
- Sieving equipment
- Weatherproof planting table
- Garden equipment
- Irrigation systems and watering cans
- Vacuum pump
The greenhouse aisle
- LI-3000 Areameter for measurement of leaf areas
- Retsch DR-100 centrifuge for soil samples, sample divider
- Soil container for sensor tests
- Care of larger plants from the house
The greenhouse rules