Greenhouse and mesocosm experiments, as well as field experiments
The greenhouse of the institute includes 5 air-conditioned greenhouse chambers, an outdoor area with 2 larger test beds and a preparation room. Two foil greenhouses in Isserstedt can also be used for other experiments.
Greenhouse user regulations
Please contact the Service Group Field Experiments and Instrumentation already in the planning phase of an experiment where greenhouse capacities are needed. Please discuss any planned experiment with 'Freiland' in advance, especially e.g. the culture management, the required equipment, and other things concerning the experimental procedure and its feasibility.
The greenhouse utilization application serves as a basis for better planning of resources, regarding space requirements and time period of the experiment and as a basis for the technical realization.
- There are five greenhouse chambers available
- In 4 of the chambers there are 2 tables each for plants, sample material, etc.
- Chamber no. 5 is a narrower one, with only one table
- Chamber 1 , 2 and 3 are equipped with LED lighting
- Light, temperature and relative humidity can be adjusted in each chamber
- Automatic irrigation is possible
- Each chamber is equipped with CAN bus
- To the institute belong 2 experimental beds, which are located directly in front of the greenhouse.
- One of the fields is filled with calcareous soil, the other with acidic forest soil
- The beds are divided into different areas
- Four of the areas are equipped with measuring devices (soil moisture and soil temperature)
- The data from the greenhouse beds are transmitted to the weather page every 10 minutes and can be seen there in the lower right area.
- Wash basin with sand trap
- Sample processing stations
- Sieving equipment
- Weatherproof planting table
- Garden equipment
- Irrigation systems and watering cans
- Vacuum pump
- LI-3000 Areameter for measurement of leaf areas
- Retsch DR-100 centrifuge for soil samples, sample divider
- Soil container for sensor tests
- Care of larger plants from the house