Meterological measurements and soil water investigations
Soil water measurements in a young mixed deciduous forest near Thann, where a small meteorological measuring station is set up concomitantly
Description & History
In May 2012 a small meteorological station was established near the village of Thann. The station is equipped with a Vaisala Weather Transmitter WXT52, which is a small lightweight compact multi-sensor instrument capable of measuring the main weather parameters: Air temperature and relative humidity, air pressure, wind speed and direction, precipitation (rain, its intensity and even hail). All data are logged and sent to Jena via modem.
The weather station serves as a source for additional information on soil water measurements in a forest area near the station. These investigations are carried out by the Gerd Gleixner Group.
Mixed deciduous forest
Elevation 538 m a.s.l.
Elevation 497 m a.s.l.
- Since May 2012
- Soil moisture
- Soil Temperature
Variables & Instruments
- Air temperature and relative humidity, barometric pressure, wind speed and direction, precipitation - Weather Transmitter WXT, Vaisala
- Photosynthetically active radiation - PAR sensor SKP 215/S, UP GmbH
- Meteorological data - Data logger CR10X, Campbell Scientific
- Soil temperature in 2 profiles with 7 depths - Soil temperature sensor PT100, DIY
- Soil moisture in 4 depths - Theta soil moisture probe ML-2x, Delta-T
- Soil water - Gleixner Group
- Soil data - Data logger CR10X, Campbell Scientific